Friday, November 13, 2015

Love and Loss Warm-Up

1).  All of these pictures, except the first one, made me extremely sad - but, at the same time, there was a kind of joy to them (which I'm guessing was the palpable amount of love displayed in them).

2).  I feel the same about the statement after seeing the photos as a did before:  that these pictures are of, physically, them, but they do not define the way they lived their lives, that they experience more than just what was in the pictures.

3).  If someone were to sufficiently convince me, I would - but I wouldn't if it was me deciding to take them.  There's a lot of pain going on in the pictures, and recording that with pictures would make me uncomfortable - like an invasion of privacy, of something that should be kept between people.

4).  It was brave of him to record these (which I would not be able to do), and that he's right - they don't define him, or his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment