Sunday, January 24, 2016

Magazine Cover Peer Reviews

http://timmy7401.blogspot.com/2016/01/final-magazine-covers.html

1.  Pinpoint Accuracy Magazines
2.  I like the photo itself and the title--because it relates to the photo in a more broad way than most would be able to think of.
3.  Probably could've used a little more color, in reference to the headlines; the white mixed with the background is a little hard to read.
4.  Archery attracted my eyes.  I'm interested in the subject, and the picture made me want to open the magazine and see what they had to say about it.
5.  Yes, there is a bar code.  And yes, it's a nice size.  And yes (again), it's in an appropriate place.
6.  I probably wouldn't pick it up if I took the time to read the headlines--there are some misspelled words and confusion between your/you're.
7.  It was most likely a self-portrait (although I am, personally, very bad at telling the difference).

http://katrinaphotojournalismblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/magazine-covers.html

1.  Young Dreams
2.  I like the picture itself a lot, and the color scheme (which correlates with the picture).
3.  The headlines could've been a little more organized, which would make the magazine, as a whole, even more visually appealing.
4.  The picture is what made me choose this magazine--how the guy's eyes are looking straight into the camera with intensity, rather than a typical "smile to the camera" sort of thing.
5.  Yes, there is a bar code.  It's a tad big, but it still doesn't obscure anything important in the picture or the magazine itself.
6.  I'm not interested in baseball, but I would still probably pick it up just to look inside and skim for something interesting (probably having to do with the headline "behind the eyes of a future baseball player").
7.  It was a portrait--but I can tell because the blog says this person's name is Katrina, and the boy in the picture is probably not Katrina.

http://biancasphotojournalismblog.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-magazine-covers.html


1.  Self
2.  The picture is great, and I like the headlines.  They're interesting topics.
3.  The placing of the headlines was sort of scattered.  I can see how it would contribute to the topic of the magazine, though.
4.  The picture (just like every other time, sorry) is what made me choose this magazine.  It's dramatic and different than the others, and it looks very majestic.
5.  Yes, there is a bar code.  And yes, it's a nice size.  And yes, it's in an appropriate place.
6.  I would definitely pick this up, mostly due to the picture.  The picture is extremely appealing to me, despite the lighting being somewhat dark.  The word dramatic keeps coming to mind.  It's really cool.
7.  Judging by the title "Self," it was a self-portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment