Friday, October 9, 2015

Academic Shoot Reflection and Critique

Pt 1:

1.  It was difficult to make the photos interesting, or have them vary.

2.  I found myself focusing most on holding the focus - though not because I was really worried about it.  It was very quiet in that class, and every time the camera focused or took a picture sounded like a cannon blast.

3.  I'd focus more on what's going on in the background, because some of those things can take away from the subject of the picture, or the picture in general.

4.  Kneeling down for a better perspective on the students is something I'd definitely do again - I took a couple pictures standing while they were sitting, and none of them ended up looking very good.

5..  Rule of Thirds - that one is usually the easiest, but it doesn't automatically make the picture amazing.

6.  Balance is usually hard to capture if you're actually trying to do it.  It calls for a lot more focus on what's going on the picture (such as the geometric shapes), and focusing only on the subject is somewhat of a habit for most people.  It's not until later they notice what's going on in the background.

7.  I'm still not totally clear on balance.  It seems that it includes a lot of different things, and it generally confuses me.  To become clearer on balance, I could go back to the "Guidelines for Better Photographic Composition" and look over it again, and possibly look for another place that I can understand better.

Pt 2:

http://abbyphotojournalism.blogspot.com

The photos are really clear and in focus.  They have clear subjects, too.
On the first picture, it kind of bothers me that the top of the pen is cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment