Monday, October 19, 2015

Great Black and White Photographers III

1.  The first thing that caught my eye about these photos is probably the serenity.  All of them seem very calm, no matter what's going on in the picture.





2.    Photo 1:
I see water.  The reflection of the sky and hills in the water.  The sun hiding behind the dense amount of clouds.
I smell water.  The faint scent of the trees in the far-off hills.
I hear the water rippling.  The wind rushing in my ears.  The various noises of the wildlife nearby.
I taste the humid air in the presence of the lake.
I feel the wind (evident by the rippling water).  It's to too hot.  I feel calm.  The softly rippling water makes me feel serene.

       Photo 2:
I see an endless road.  Fluffy white clouds in the sky.  The earth around the road.  The white paint accompanying the one-way road.
I smell dirt and gravel.  Possibly fuel and oil, remaining from long-gone cars that had gone down this road.
I hear the ghosts of lonesome cars traveling the road.  I hear wind rustling the nature shrouding the gravel.
I taste air. ?
I feel the sunlight.  I feel calm - the sight of the endless, one-way road is comforting.

3.  A mural.

No comments:

Post a Comment